2008/05/27

IT'S ME!!!!!!!!!


Welcome , to my space . I was introduced to this blogworld by my best friend Mrs . Ramya Bala of Ramyaacooks . She was my inspiration to create this blog . Thank you dear for your support . I am graduated in B.E and Post graduated in MBA . At present , i am a house wife taking care of a princess , Deshna and a prince , Sarvesh.

I am a native of the Temple City , Madurai , TamilNadu . Born and brought up in a well educated joint family of nearly 20 members . My father have 3 brothers and 1 sister . You can imagine how much we(my cousins and myself) were pampered . My granny will be the chief cook and tutor for all her four daughter in-laws. She use to grind all the masalas instantly using 'AMMI' . She trained them in the same way. Even today , i can still remember those days when my mom and aunt uses 'AATU KULAVI' for idli-dosa batter.One will be grinding ,the other help her.Sometimes both will hold it and grind. During my childhood days , i enjoyed many varietes of special recipes . My mom and my aunts each one will give special recipes in their own style .

To be very frank , I started cooking only a week before my marriage .After marriage for 2 -5 months , i will think twice whether i can make this recipe perfect . So , i started cooking with simple and basic traditional recipes like sambar ,dal , rasam and quick veggie fries . My hubby's positive comments and support made me to try different recipes. Ofcourse , I am a kind of person who never wishes to make a usual menu everyweek or get trapped within that tradition . So , i changed or made a routine of using all the vegetables in my menu . I will definetly take care that a particular veggie is not repeated in 15 days . I store vegetables only for a week . Once a week , my menu will include any type of lentils like green gram , channa , cowpeas etc.

My space will give you all simple recipes which i learnt from my mom , granny , aunts , cousins , TV Shows , Magazines and sometimes my own experiments . I thank you for spending your time in my space . Enjoy and have fun . Feel free to give your suggestions to my id : shamanagscrafts@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Shama Nags

8 comments:

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Glad to know about u,u r from madurai,of(madura meenakshi temple)south india..i am following your recipes since a month.Since i am a vegetarian,i give comments on veggy dishes.Your vegetarian recipes are delicious.

Unknown said...

Hi,

Nice to see your website...so beautiful...did you design it yourself??wow!!am spell bound!!Your recipes are great!!visit my blog when you find time!!!Glad to hear you are from Tamil Nadu too!!i started blogging only from july...Iam a dentist from nagercoil...
Sameena@http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi,

Nice to see your website...so beautiful...did you design it yourself??wow!!am spell bound!!Your recipes are great!!visit my blog when you find time!!!Glad to hear you are from Tamil Nadu too!!i started blogging only from july...Iam a dentist from nagercoil...
Sameena@http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi,
Your recipes are good....me too from madurai.....

Priya

Achu said...

Nice to see ur blog nice recipes v awesome!!! also good to see ur event too..Plz follow my blog so i ll know all the events thru u jagruti and bloggers if u had known invite me to them..so i can participate all events and wont miss it.. Awaiting to hear from u.

My blog http://tangymind.blogspot.com/

Magees kitchenworld said...

Hi, Glad to know about you, i will follow your blog from now.

Eat n Eat little More said...

First time here.. happy to follow you.. :)

Happy’s Cook said...

first time here... I am ur new follower... u have a great collection of recipes... do check mine, wen u get time...Will be glad if u follow me back...

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)